Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Cyclocross in California


Normally we only officiated Road Racing Events, but once in a blue moon I get asked to do a cyclocross event. I flew out to California to work a UCI Cyclocross Race in the LA area in October. I found out about the race on Monday and flew out on Friday. We had host housing and I stayed at a home that overlooked the Rose Bowl. I could have almost watched the football game from the house. The area brought back lots of memories of our family trip to the Rose Parade when the American Fork High School Marchinig Band played in the parade. The band had a performance at the Rose Bowl a couple of days before the parade.


The weekend that I was in California the Santa Ana winds kicked up and we had lots of wind. The fires stareted that weekend and I could watch the smoke progress across the sky. It was very dark from the smoke. It was a successful bike race and I had a great weekend.

No comments: