Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter Guard - January 15th


With one week to go until the Winter Guard Evaluation show, the Guard added a Saturday practice. I get by their practices every couple of weeks and it is fun seeing the show come together. But . . . each time I see it something has changed, a section didn't come together the way they wanted and so it gets changed. the show will continue to evolve each week and as they start to compete, things get changed based on the comments that judges give them. It is always fun to see if I can spot what has changed. I saw the show from start to end for the first time today, and i liked it. I can hardly wait until they have the floor painted, their costumes on and the flags sewn. It doesn't fully come together until all the pieces are there. So I must continue to be patient to picture it all in my head and wonder what it will look like in the end. Until then I can dream about it while watching them practice.


No comments: