Sunday, March 4, 2012

Competition # 3 - American Fork High School

A competition at our home court means a long day for all of us.  Rachael had to be over to the school at 10:00 to start getting things ready.  Richard and I were there by 11:00 to put the "competition floor" down.  They use a special vinyl floor to cover the basketball floor so that the sabors, rifles and flags don;t damage the basketball floor if they get dropped.  The floor is marked with all of the boundary lines.  Many of the guards then put down their own floor on top of this.  Their own floor is painted to tie in with their show.  The competition floor is huge and barely fits inside of our gym.   Rachael then stayed at the school and Richard and i ran a couple of errands.  I had to be back to the school by 1:30 to help check in the guards as they came to the school.  Richard didn't have to be back until just before 3:00 when the competition was to start.  The guards had not all arrived, when I had to leave to be in the gym to take pictures of our first guard which was on at 3:14. 

Richard spent the day helping guards on and off the floor, and folding their competition floor once they were done.  I truly have the best job, filming our guards, lets me watch the whole event.  I really enjoy watching all of the guards.  But my favorite is the SWANS

One of my favorite shots from this weeks competition










The Captains


A Group hug with their teacher and friend, Tiffany.


1 comment:

Elizabeth Schatz said...

That is a lot of work, Holly! I'd be happy taking pictures, too, instead of putting away the floor! Thank goodness for them "Band Dad's," huh?

I have no doubt that you are both very appreciated for all your volunteer service!:)