Thursday, October 2, 2008

AN ADVENTURE OUTSIDE

We have a cat at our house. She has always been an inside kitty. We got Piddidle when Rachael was 2 years old. When we got a dog a year later, the cat didn't come upstairs anymore, because that was where the dog was, eventually she learned to co exist with the dogs and has ventured upstairs. Her favorite place in the house is the little closet under the stairs. Whenever the door is open she makes a beeline for that room. We have to make sure she is some place else before we close the door. Last night we left the front door open to let some beautiful fall air into the house. The kitty had ventured upstairs and was laying on the floor right in front of the door. A while later I headed outside with a bag of trash and who did I find on the front porch, yes, you guessed it, Piddidle. As I walked by she ran back into the house. A few minutes later, camera in hand, I came creeping into the front room to take a picture and where was the cat? I looked out the front door and I found her out on the grass, she never went any further than this. I guess the front paws on the grass was enough for her.



I hope that she doesn't get too many ideas about being outside, I don't want her getting lost. I don't know if Rachael would be able to sleep without Piddidle beside her in bed.