Sunday, October 26, 2008

DISNEYLAND TRIP - DAY 3

We started day 3 of our trip in Disneyland since they opened at 8:00. We did the Buzz Lightyear ride. It is one of the newest rides at Disneyland and we loved it. You work with Buzz trying to defeat the evil "Zurg". There are two people in each car and you shoot at these little targets with a "Z" on them. At the end of the ride each person gets there score. Richard had the high score every time. (I will add a picture if I can figure out how to do it. At the end of the ride they take your picture and you can email back home. I just have to figure out how to get the picture out of my email and onto here - KIER I will be calling you soon).

We only did a couple of rides in Disneyland because we wanted to spend the day in California's Adventure. As we left Disneyland we ran into Cruella DeVille


CA opened at 10:00 and we were waiting in line for it to open. They actually opened at 9:30 and let us into part of the park.
We rode Soaring over California and then headed to California Screamin'. We'd hoped that with Sean wearing his heelys he would be tall enough to ride, but he didn't quite make it. So everyone else rode Screamin and Sean and I rode the Carousel next to it. Au'stin didn't enjoy Screamin.
Richard and I rode it again quick while the other guys headed to Muhulland Madness. Later in the day Steven, Richard and Rachael rode Screamin on our fast passes and the boys and I did some rides they wanted to do.


I know the Carousel isn't the same as Screamin, but it gave us something to do while we waited for everyone else. Then it was off to the other end of the park for a ride on the TOWER OF TERROR. The name certainly fits the ride, three of the boys in our group were definately in "TERROR" after riding, and Richard was not one of the three.
The ride takes your picture and i took a picture of the picture.


We ran into some more characters in the park






We really loved the Grizzly River Run. It was probably the longest line we had the whole trip. There is no doubt about who had the most fun on this ride.



We again hit some of our favorite rides in the park before it closed and then went back to Disneyland. We headed back to "Autopia", I think this was Sean's favorite ride.
Steven would operate the gas pedal and Sean would do the driving.





















We were getting tired and hungry for dinner so we headed back to the Hotel. Steven, Rachael, Austin and Sean headed to the pool and Richard and I found a pizza place and brought pizza back to eat at the pool. Another night of watching fireworks from the pool, I am glad that I don't live near there, listening to the fireworks every night, they would no longer be special. Tonight it was Austin's turn to fall asleep as soon as he hit the bed. He was propped up with the pillows watching TV, but flat out asleep. We eased him into bed and it didn't take long for the rest of us to join him in Disney Dreamland.





1 comment:

Callidora said...

I LOVE Tower of Terror! That was my favorite. The Carousel is also one of my favs and rides that get you wet :o)