Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rocky Mountain Band Competition

The American Fork High School Marching Band and Color Guard's next competition was held at LaVelle Edwards Stadium on the campus of Brigham Young University. I got off of work early and went over to watch all of the bands. I've helped our band at all of the competitions and haven't gotten to see all of the others, today was my day. I had my blanket and camera and sat back and enjoyed. ( I did sneak out during the judges break and run over to help our band for a few minutes and to have dinner with the Band Dads). Our band came early to the competition and got to sit and watch a couple of the other bands.
Here is Rachael with her friends Clarissa Lowe and Amy Ostler. All made up and ready to go.


In all honesty when I watched the band practice and saw them do a complete run thru of the show, it didn't really do much for me. Last year's show had a theme ("The Greatest Generation" ) and I didn't see a theme with this show. But as the kids put on their uniforms and take the field - the show grew on me. I enjoy the enthusiasm the kids bring to this show. The expressions on their face, the bounce in their step. I look forward to watching the show every time.


I enjoy watching to see what has changed from week to week. Things continue to evolve and change based on comments from the judges, something gets added here and something removed there. I like the way the ending to the show has changed. (especially when they don't drop Tabitha)



Hope you enjoy watching the show as much as I do!


October 12, 2010

No comments: